Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The Talented Walter Mosley, Author

I am an avid reader, and one of my favorite authors is the gifted Walter Mosley.  Over the years I have followed, and fallen in love with, his leading characters, Easy Rawlins and Leonid McGill.  I've read each book in each series and eagerly await release of the next.  There are currently twelve in the Easy Rawlins series and four in the Leonid McGill series.  The most recent books are Little Green and All I Did Was Shoot My Man.  Both books were wonderful reads.  Mosley does a great job of bringing you up to date if you either didn't read or need a refresher from the previous books in the series, but I highly recommend reading all the books in order to get the full history and flavor of not only the lead but also supporting characters.  Besides, you're sure to enjoy them all.



Today, I stumbled upon an interview of Mr. Mosley on National Public Radio (NPR) and learned that he is being honored at the National Black Writers' Conference taking place at the City University of New York (CUNY) this week.  In my opinion the award is much deserved.  You can listen to the interview here:

http://www.npr.org/2014/03/26/294804065/walter-mosley-to-end-race-we-have-to-recognize-white-doesnt-exist

He reveals that he has just completed a new Easy Rawlins mystery and is working on the next Leonid McGill book.  Yay!  I can't wait.  He also talks about his soon to be released novel, Debbie Doesn't Do It Anymore.  Different from what he's done in the past, but I'm willing to give it a shot.  He hasn't disappointed me yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment