Monday, November 23, 2009

I Know Fear

You think you know Fear?
I say I'm the Queen
How can I deny it
With all that I've seen?

I've been through some battles
Both big ones and small
Although I've survived
I was wounded in all.

I've got scars to prove it
Right here on my heart
Each bound with a stitch
So it won't fall apart.

At times I was blind
And led down a track
Sometimes I could see
But didn't pull back.

I ended up hurt
Upset and confused
Perhaps worst of all
My psyche was bruised.

It made me retreat
Because I was scared
I locked up my heart
And no longer cared.

But now I have learned
That Fear is a thief
It robbed me of dreams
Destroyed my beliefs.

So now I've released it
Emerged from my shell
But yes I know Fear
And only too well.

2 comments:

  1. What???? Sharon as poet???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've written a lot over the last seven years...poetry, short stories, vignettes, unfinished novels, etc. I just decided to share some of them now. What can I say? I have many layers. :-)

    ReplyDelete